United Ireland ‘would lead to job losses in North’
"Definitely be in the number of thousands" of public jobs lost, says academic
A united Ireland would result in thousands of public sector job losses in the North, according to the economist whose study on the economic benefits of unification has frequently been cited by Sinn Féin.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.