Tourism growth slows in July as fewer UK visitors arrive
CSO figures show UK visitor numbers were down 6.2% in the seven months to end-July
The number of people visiting Ireland continued to grow in the period from May and July, but at a slower pace than earlier in the year, as an increase in the number of European and North American visitors helped offset a decline of nearly four per cent in those coming from Britain, new CSO figures show.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.