Stephen Kinsella: 'Tiny open economies like Ireland are more vulnerable than most to negative technology shocks'
We should expect to see more announcements like HP
Last week, Hewlett Packard announced it was removing 500 jobs from one of its Irish facilities. The move reminded many of Dell’s decision to move its production facility from Limerick to Poland in 2009, and threw Ireland’s relationship with the many multinationals who use us as an export hub to the European Union into sharp relief.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive