A thwarted May could switch to a no-deal stance
A week slated to end with May’s withdrawal agreement signed off by EU leaders instead closed in humiliation
In 1964, former British Labour prime minister Harold Wilson famously said that a week is a long time in politics. These days, however, just 24 hours in the corridors of Westminster can feel like an eternity.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.