Three LPC members opposed size of minimum wage rise
The employer representatives on the Low Pay Commission said they would have supported a 20 cent per hour increase
The three employers' representatives on the Low Pay Commission (LPC), which this week recommended a 30 cent per hour increase in the national minimum wage (NMW), opposed the move, saying it took "insufficient regard of the views of the people who will actually have to fund the proposed increase, namely employers, big and small, right across Ireland".
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive