Taxman targets lawyers, dentists, accountants in swoop on professions
PLUS: 2,500 people disclosed offshore assets of €74m ahead of deadline
The Irish tax authority is advancing plans to extend its successful investigation into medical consultants to other groups of professionals, as it seeks to unravel whether other professionals have been using corporate structures to shield money from the taxman.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive