Tax hotel rooms to preserve Vat cut, says Hodson Bay boss
The chairman of the Hodson Bay Group believes a ‘one size fits all’ approach to Vat in the hospitality sector fails to recognise the vast differences between the Dublin hotel market and the hotel market in the rest of the country – and that a tax on hotel rooms could provide the solution.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive