SuperValu grocery sales top €2.6 billion
Chain out performs market by 4.3 per cent in q4
SuperValu today announced that it recorded retail sales of €2.6 billion in 2015, representing a new milestone for the brand and underlining its position as Ireland’s most popular grocery retailer with 25% market share. Building on this strong performance, SuperValu plans to invest €28 million in 2016, opening five new stores and adding 350 jobs to the SuperValu network.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.