SuperValu and Centra deliver for Musgrave
The food retailer and wholesaler reported a pre-tax profit of €73 million for 2016
Food retailer and wholesaler Musgrave, which owns the SuperValu, Centra and Daybreak brands, has reported a pre-tax profit of €73 million on sales of €3.7 billion for 2016, an increase of 3.4 per cent on a constant currency basis, as it reaped the rewards of a transformation programme begun in 2014 to turn the business around and return to growth.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.