Stick to spending rules, says budget watchdog
Fiscal council warns that high debt level still leaves economy vulnerable
The state’s budgetary watchdog has told the Government that there is no need for any additional stimulus for the Irish economy in Budget 2018, and has warned against using any unexpected tax gains for measures which would impose permanent costs.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive