State report to suggest variable pay for junior bankers
Department of Finance ordered research in 2018 after wave of exits from banks prompted fears about retaining key staff
A government-commissioned report on the pay of bankers is set to recommend a form of variable pay, including share options, for junior staff.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.