“The special agents passed their laptop around the room... but they refused to tuck into the free lunch”
Inside the meeting that alerted Goal to allegations of fraud in its Syria relief operations
The meeting had run into lunch when a large platter of sandwiches from the local deli arrived. The dozen or so people in the small meeting room at the offices of Goal’s legal team were famished. It had been a long, stressful March morning.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive