Ian Kehoe: 'This great Irish sell-off is the real legacy of the crash'
Ahead of a major RTE documentary, the Editor of The Sunday Business Post writes exclusively about the great Irish sell-off
Juan and Maritza Ovsak have been living in the shadows of the Catskills Mountains, deep in upstate New York, for more than 30 years. Juan, an Argentinian who has never lost his native accent despite emigrating to the US decades earlier, designed and then built their house himself. It is a small property by US standards, and located so far from a town or village that it does not even require a wall or a picket fence. There is a white wooden swing outside the front door, and a small vegetable patch outside the back. Inside, it is furnished with pictures of the couple’s three girls.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive