Setanta founder O’Rourke kicks off multimillion negotiations with TV giants
O’Rourke’s Premier Sports won the Irish rights for 53 live matches per season for three years
Setanta Sports founder Mickey O’Rourke, whose firm won out against Sky and others to buy millions’ worth of sports TV rights last week, will now kick off negotiations to sell them on.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.