Revealed: how 300k public sector workers dodged pension cut
Automatic link with public sector pay remains in place; Department warns of €16bn cost if law not implemented
More than 300,000 public sector workers are set to receive bigger pensions due to the state’s failure to fully implement a law passed in 2012.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive