We ourselves are responsible for the lack of trust in the Church. I don’t think that a 36-hour visit by Pope Francis is going to hugely repair that
Primate of All Ireland Archbishop Eamon Martin reflects on what message the visiting pontiff might bring, to the Irish bishops and to the nation: ‘Does he want to encourage us? To chastise us?’
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive