Rescue 116 Tragedy
For the Irish Coast Guard, this was beyond the professional - they were searching for their own colleagues
The road down to Blackrock lighthouse was closed off to regular traffic. At first light last Thursday morning, a trickle of coast guard vans and unmarked cars passed the bollards and parked up beside the seaside wall.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive