A proposed new law would sweep away arrangements that have served this country well and force serving judges to apply to the lay-majority commission for judicial appointments
Our judiciary has served the country and the people well since the enactment of the Constitution. Our judges, men and women, have been incorruptible, independent and loyal to that Constitution in accordance with the declaration they make before assuming office.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.