Podcast: Hillary has battled for 15 months - but still has work to do
What she achieved this week was only a crack in the enduring glass ceiling, writes Susan O'Keeffe
It will take more than history to beat Donald Trump. So the newly anointed Hillary Clinton won’t get to bask in the sun of her historic moment for too long, having become the first woman candidate for the office of President of the United States. That big crack in the glass ceiling that Hillary Clinton referred to her in her speech will not be gazed upon in wonder; there simply isn’t time. Quite extraordinary, when you take even the quickest look back at the decades-long battle for women’s rights in the US and see that this moment should be a crowning achievement. Instead, the roadshow that is American presidential elections will move on relentlessly to the next task in hand, with eyes only for November 8, polling day – a mere 104 days away.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.