OPINION: Any other leader would come under fire from their own party for n-word gaffe
There is little evidence of Sinn Féin TDs questioning the future of Gerry Adams, writes Hugh O'Connell
Had any other party leader used the n-word in a public forum, it is highly likely that they would be the subject of considerable criticism, both publicly and privately, from their own colleagues. There would probably even be a few calls for the leader to go.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive