Once-off costs put Ardagh in the red in Q2
Revenue flat but margins improve at Coulson packaging firm
Packaging company Ardagh, which is controlled by billionaire Paul Coulson, has reported a pre-tax loss of €17m for the second quarter of this year, compared with a €45m profit a year earlier. The figures were affected by exceptional costs linked to its acquisition of a number of metal beverage can assets earlier this year and to the refinancing of debt.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive