O’Brien’s case should never have reached the High Court
The Department of Justice needs to publish its review of the Defamation Act as soon as possible
Irish investigative journalism won a huge victory on Friday, when a jury found that Denis O’Brien had not been defamed by this newspaper. This shows that critical coverage, if true, is not defamatory.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.