O’Brien: ‘I could easily have written a cheque’ if the loans had been called in
The media mogul took the stand last week in a High Court defamation action over a 2015 article in The Sunday Business Post
On Sunday March 15, 2015, the businessman Denis O’Brien left Mass in Donnybrook church and bought a copy of The Sunday Business Post from his regular vendor outside.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive