No date set for conclusion of motor insurance probe
In July last insurance firms, brokers and representative body Insurance Ireland were raided as part of an investigation
The competition watchdog has held 54 witness summons hearings and obtained over 1.4 million emails and documents from motor insurers being investigated in relation to suspicions of alleged “price fixing” and “cartelism”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive