New law will stop prisoners getting state pensions in jail
The Supreme Court ruled last year that a 76-year-old rapist was entitled to get his state contributory pension while he was in jail. It granted him €10,000 in damages
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.