Denis Naughten’s officials were warned over any involvement in INM deal
New correspondence reveals that top civil servant wrote to Department of Communications over group’s bid for Celtic Media
It has emerged that Minister for Communications Denis Naughten’s officials were warned that neither he nor anyone on his behalf was to engage with parties involved in Independent News & Media’s (INM) proposed takeover of Celtic Media, as doing so would “endanger the integrity of the entire process”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive