Paul Murphy was threatened with jail over pre-trial PR campaign
In late February Murphy hosted a press conference promising a major demonstration in favour of the defendants at Liberty Hall
Paul Murphy, the Solidarity TD, and his six co-defendants in the Jobstown trial were threatened with immediate imprisonment in March if they did not give an undertaking to desist from a campaign of pre-trial publicity.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.