Mini and Mondello take a fun approach to learning to drive
As regular readers will know, I’m an incurable car and indeed driving enthusiast. However, that goes hand in hand with my desire for safer roads for all users. As I may have mentioned before, I would love to see an attempt to teach driving safety in our schools from a young age. Not just a token day here and there, but something that’s mandatory and seen as just as important as getting exercise. For it to be effective, the ‘syllabus’ would have to be carefully designed to engage students and make it highly enjoyable, giving kids ownership over their views on using the road, while making it clear that driving is something that can be fun and safe in equal measure.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.