Lyons on the pilots
O’Leary’s disdain for the pilot profession and his confidence in his own pilots have been sorely tested in recent days
A few years ago, Michael O’Leary was holding forth to Ryan Tubridy on The Late Late Show. “Pilots are glorified taxi drivers,” he declared. “It is a very complicated taxi, and they are very skilled to be able to do it, but at the end of the day . . . it is a job.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive