Lane impresses MEPs at ECB hearing
Committee chair says some expressed reservations about Central Bank Governor's Spanish rival
Central Bank Governor Philip Lane’s hopes of becoming vice-president of the European Central Bank have received a boost after the chairman of a European Parliament committee said he had impressed MEPs at a private hearing on Wednesday. Lane is up against Spanish economy minister Luis de Guindos.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive