Knocked down, but he’ll get up again
Gavin Duffy spent €5 on each of the 32,198 votes he received in the presidential election. But he says he has no regrets
Gavin Duffy finished the presidential election with the lowest ever share of the vote and the fewest number of first-preference votes of any Áras an Uachtaráin candidate ever. After such a humiliation you might expect his confidence to have taken a hit. “Not in the slightest,” he insists.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.