Jehovah’s Witnesses aiming to ‘strengthen’ its Irish congregation
Religion hopes to bolster its senior ranks in Ireland; Handling of sex abuse claims came under scrutiny
The Jehovah’s Witnesses – who have come under increasing scrutiny worldwide for their handling of sex abuse allegations, including in Ireland – are preparing to send a stream of new ministers into Ireland “to strengthen the congregation”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive