Irish firms slow to reply to Huawei question
As telecoms companies roll out 5G, many remain coy as to whether they will be using Chinese phonemaker Huawei
Two Irish telecoms companies confirmed last week they are using Huawei equipment in the rollout of 5G infrastructure. The Chinese tech giant has generated security concerns in the United States, Britain, and several other western states about links their security agencies see between Huawei and the Chinese military.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive