Ireland's gender pay gap stands at 14.4%
Even though 60 per cent of all EU university graduates are now women, the gender pay gap persists
The gender pay gap, which measures the difference in average hourly wages between men and women, stands at 14.4 per cent in Ireland, according to the European Commission.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.