IDA to get more power to force land purchases
Department drafting bill to avoid a repeat of Thomas Reid’s block on sale of land to state agency
The government is planning to beef up the IDA’s compulsory purchase powers, with a view to avoiding a re-run of the case of Thomas Reid, the Kildare farmer who saw off an attempt by the state’s development agency to take over his family farm.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive