Ibrahim Halawa acquitted in Egyptian court
Irish citizen had been held in prison for four years after arrest during Cairo protests
Irish citizen Ibrahim Halawa has been acquitted of all charges by a court in the Egyptian capital in Cairo.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive