Ian Kehoe on Budget 2018
The Sunday Business Post editor casts his eye over Paschal Donohoe's speech
Budget 2018 was defined by political parameters, shaped with economic realities and fashioned by expectation. It was a budget that needed to be prudent, yet laced with enough populism to contrast the new version of this government with the Kenny and Noonan years.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive