Ian Guider: Beware the credit union in sheep’s clothing
Credit unions have carved out the idea that their combined scale does not warrant heavy-handed regulation
When it was set up, it was envisaged that the deposit guarantee scheme would never be called upon, that no financial institution would be in a position where savers’ money would really be at risk. It was certainly never envisaged that credit unions would have need of it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.