Hugh O'Connell: Can Labour afford not to go back into government?
Some are starting to think the party might be better off at the cabinet table
As Labour assessed the damage from its worst-ever general election result in February, there was a consensus amongst almost all in the party that it would go into opposition in the 32nd Dáil.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive