HSE chief O’Brien: we need €9 billion to fix the health service
O’Brien said scenes of overcrowding at hospitals were “distressing for both patients and staff”
Ireland’s crisis-ridden health service requires a capital injection of €9 billion if it is to end the scourge of hospital overcrowding, the HSE’s director general Tony O’Brien has said.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.