House price rises will trigger more building, says Abbey boss
Charles Gallagher says a rise in wages is “good for house building” because it “allows the customer to pay more”
Property prices will have to increase to trigger supply, according to Charles Gallagher, the executive chairman of house builders Abbey, who claims that “we’re a long way from a bubble”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive