Halligan aims to double the number of female apprentices
Review by Solas has found that many young women are dissuaded from apprenticeships while still in school
Minister of State John Halligan is planning to double the number of women taking up construction apprenticeships, after it emerged that they account for just 6 per cent of the sector.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.