Greens call for 80% windfall tax on rezoning profits to be reinstated
The tax was introduced by the late Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan jr in 2009 at the request of the Green Party, but it was abolished by his successor Michael Noonan in 2014
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.