Government to overhaul property tax rates to avoid steep hikes ahead of election
New plan aims to have homeowners pay roughly the same as under old system
The government is working on a radical plan to avoid steep rises in property taxes for homeowners ahead of the general election.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive