Varadkar: ‘Everyone deserves a second chance, and this is Ireland’s second chance’
After 35 years of bitter social division, the referendum to repeal the Eighth Amendment has revealed a momentous shift in Irish public attitudes, with a huge majority voting to liberalise the abortion laws.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive