‘Gay bounce’ signals modest progress for the coalition
Could the fillip that the government has gained from the referendum result open the door to an early general election?
As the euphoria of the winning side in the marriage referendum – and that includes all the political parties, of course – dies down, it becomes clear that the political landscape has not, after all, been transformed by the historic vote. On first glance, politics after the referendum isn’t much different to politics before the referendum. But there has been a little nudge.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.