Garda chief’s fate rests on the findings of Policing Authority
"If the next report reveals evidence of [deliberate wrongdoing], then things will be very different,” according to one source
The government is waiting to see if the next report on the garda faking of breath tests spells the end of Garda Commissioner Nóirín O’Sullivan’s reign.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive