Francesca McDonagh: five things to know
Bank of Ireland's new chief executive will succeed Richie Boucher later this year
Bank of Ireland yesterday named 42-year-old Francesca McDonagh as its new chief executive, succeeding Richie Boucher who will step down in the autumn. She will be the first female chief executive of one of the big Irish banks and only the second outsider to head Bank of Ireland. Here are five things to know about her:
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive