If at first you don’t succeed...
While the failure of Ireland’s bid for the 2023 Rugby World Cup still stings, lessons can be learned for the future
‘How in the hell did they do that?” Dick Spring was sitting in the front row of the conference room in the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, London, when the announcement was finally made that France would host the 2023 Rugby World Cup.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive