Fifth of fury
Donald Trump’s ban of Chinese smartphone giant Huawei could threaten the rollout of 5G across the world
The Chinese telecoms giant Huawei looked like it would survive a US campaign to persuade its allies to block it from their new mobile networks. But now President Donald Trump’s move to put the company on an export blacklist threatens to shake the entire telecom industry.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.